Advanced Project and Item Management
codeBeamer ALM’s new version 9.5 brings several improvements to help you efficiently manage both artifacts and projects.
- With the all-new HideIf formula, you can easily hide/view certain attributes of an item depending on the value of a selected field. This way, you can provide a clean user experience and easy data entry by hiding fields that are not relevant.
- Real-time, dependency-based calculated fields are a great update for fast-moving collaborative teams. Starting with version 9.5, the value of computed fields may be updated real-time – so whenever the item that the formula depends on is updated, your users will see up-to-date data on their artifacts at all times.
- This new release provides the ability to import projects with cross-project references. Upon importing a project, you’ll be notified about any references pointing to other projects, and will be offered to download a list of these references in a .csv file.
- Instead of inspecting suspected links one by one, 9.5 lets you inspect and mass-manage all changes on upstream references through suspected links. This new feature informs users about any edits to upstream references that may possibly impact related items.
- Workflow management just got even smarter in codeBeamer 9.5. You can now automate the creation and updating of referring items via workflow actions. This way, you can make sure that users executing a state transition can start working on referred items immediately.
Improved APIs, Integrations & Infrastructure
With version 9.5, we made codeBeamer’s Swagger API smarter and more convenient. You can now easily access any work item’s history via Swagger, as well as specific versions of that work item. The updated API also lets you define parent-child relationships through Swagger. All these updates help maintain a comprehensive audit trail of your artifacts and their changes.
Through this latest update to codeBeamer’s ReqIF management capabilities, you can easily reimport your last ReqIF file in case field mapping wasn’t perfect the first time around. ReqIF exports now include all referenced attachments, and the system logs your entire ReqIF export history.
codeBeamer ALM now handles AWS Elastic Beanstalk for easy provisioning. Simply upload your code and Elastic Beanstalk automatically handles the deployment, from capacity provisioning through load balancing and auto-scaling all the way to application health monitoring.
codeBeamer ALM 9.5 is now ready to handle sign-in with OpenID. Using client authentication via private keys, codeBeamer is able to work with the OpenID authentication method.
- Bug fixing and minor updates around Audit Trail management
- Updated handling of hierarchies within trackers
- Improvements to Word export and import
- Various bug fixes and improvements