Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Achievement Quick and Lean with codeBeamer!
Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI ) achievement quick and lean with code Beamer! CMMI for Development at Level 2 and 3 can be achieved by SMEs easily. Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is a process improvement and appraisal program implemented by Carnegie Mellon University. The certified level of Capability Maturity is required by many US and European customers especially in government or elsewhere in larger software development projects, where SMEs can be involved as suppliers. CMMI has 5 different maturity levels, Levels 4 and 5 of course is more dedicated to large organizations. Some people think, that CMMI in general is only for huge organisations. This is not true! CMMI Level 2 and 3 can be easily achieved by smaller organizations as well, and there are many Pros to do so. The main pros and cons for small and medium sized businesses are:
- Increase trustworthiness – already in the negotiation phase with your Clients – as an outsourcing partner
- Improve company image and marketing
- Comply with large companies or government tenders
- Improve quality of the product
- Deliver in-time and budget to satisfy and impress clients
- Generate new business
- may generate additional overheads and higher costs
- Processes can be less agile
CMMI provides new business potential for companies in all IT markets. To leverage all this potential like fulfilment of tender requirements or improvement of performance (in time, within budget) companies have to start with their processes. The good news is, they don’t need to start from scratch. CMMI is a very comprehensive guideline across projects, divisions or an entire organization specialized on software development. The Standard gives you guidance and after certification, a good external proof and standing in the market.
According to the statistics CMMI Level 2 and 3 can be easily achieved by SMEs – 70% – by implementing the defined processes and managing them properly. The challenge for smaller companies is getting all those gains while avoiding the pains like overhead, cost and reduced agility. A smart platform can help achieve this goal.
CMMI implementation can be quick and maintenance can be Lean with codeBeamer!
CMMI requires to have planned and managed processes. CMMI for Development by using an Application Lifecycle Management tool like codeBeamer requires less time and effort to be implemented, and once achieved the required level, codeBeamer helps you to maintain Lean and with minimal overhead. codeBeamer supports the quick implementation and Lean operation with:
- One integrated platform, based on a single repository for requirements, development, testing, deployment, collaboration, documentation as well as versioning and total base-lining
- Overall traceability – due to the fully integrated lifecycle traceability of all artifacts is ensured.
- Planning and controlling – Project-Product-Release-Delivery planning are build in features, including reporting and dashboards for controlling
- Team collaboration – one platform, one communication channel, and integrated e-mail alert and notification helps team to access up-to-date data.
- Documentation and Wiki included
- Highly customizable workflow-driven task and issue management.
- Great reporting Features, full history, granular rights Management for easy control and measurement