Easier item handling for efficient project management
Project Managers will appreciate the range of features we have implemented to accelerate project management by simplifying the handling of artifacts in codebeamer. We’ve updated table views and added new filtering options that greatly streamline item management in the platform. You can now create item templates based on existing artifacts. When creating a new item, simply select a template to have new items prepopulated with stored field values!
Power users managing 200.000+ items will highly value the new custom filtering rules introduced in codebeamer 22.04. In Table view, you can now use a configurable filtering area above result table headers to define custom filtering rules. This makes it easy and efficient to overview and manage large volumes of artifacts.
We’ve also made usability improvements like expanding the number of rows the Intelligent Table View can display, adding resizable panels, and new ordering types to help overview and manage large numbers of work items.
Features to accelerate test management
For QA teams managing the testing of complex products, we’ve added new features to speed things up. New capabilities in codebeamer 22.04 help execute test cases and handle results efficiently. When running test cases, you can now easily skip test steps as needed. For teams using external automated testing systems, we’ve improved codebeamer’s data communication capabilities so that you can inject as many as 10.000+ test run results in just a few minutes.
Faster and smoother data export & import
Who wants to wait for data imports and exports? No one! To cut back on your waiting time, we’ve enhanced the performance of importing data from Excel files. By better handling JVM memory, Excel imports have become way faster in codebeamer 22.04.
To streamline the exporting of data from codebeamer to ReqIF, we’ve enabled tracker view-based exporting. This makes the experience of exporting data to ReqIF smoother and faster. What’s more, ReqIF exports now run in the background to optimize the use of resources, resulting in a better user experience and improved stability.
A broad range of usability enhancements
At various points, we’ve improved the usability of codebeamer for efficiency and user-friendliness! Let’s see a few of the key updates:
- codebeamer now displays a notification when the user executes an operation that is expected to take long, enabling users to understand how to run reports faster.
- We’ve made UX and performance improvements to enable fast and efficient project configuration deployment. Several updates target mass item management and improving codebeamer’s performance when displaying and managing large volumes of artifacts.
- Using codebeamer 22.04, you can automatically synchronize users from LDAP, greatly simplifying user management for system administrators.
- You can now simply link to a specific comment on a report or work item – simply copy the URL!
JOIN THE WEBINAR: WHAT IS NEW IN CODEBEAMER 22.04?
Find out what’s new and noteworthy in codebeamer 22.04!
Date: Wednesday 08 June 2022
Time: 04:00 PM (CEST) / 10:00 AM (EDT) / 07:00 AM (PDT)
- Improved handling of embedded images
- You can now create a dedicated server for API requests to protect your main server
- A wide range of performance updates