Agile Software Development Tool
codeBeamer ALM support the use of various Agile project management methods throughout the entire lifecycle, from defining requirements through the development of software, all the way to release and operations & DevOps. It comes with a dedicated Scrum template out of the box to help teams work with this Agile methodology. The scaling of Agile is supported by a variety of features, as well as Intland’s SAFe® Template, a preconfigured template to implement the Scaled Agile Framework in an enterprise setting.
codeBeamer ALM provides a cardboard layer to make the flow of work visible at all stages of the lifecycle. All tasks can be monitored, measured, and reported on by following the cardboard view’s “to do”, “in progress”, “to verify” and “completed” columns. Status changes can be triggered by simply moving the cards. The Kanban cardboard view is a great support tool for Scrum’s daily stand-up meetings, because it provides a clear overview of the flow of tasks from start to completion.
A convenient drag-and-drop function can be used to transition between task statuses according to the predefined workflow. The Kanban board also provides a quick overview of the balance between expended resources and WIP (Work in Progress) limits.
Kanban boards helps you with:
- Visualizing and assigning work items: For development, production, delivery, and support
- DevOps: Visualizing and managing IT operations, issues and escalations
- Scrum: Managing Scrum development, maintaining transparency and monitoring work processes
- Lean development: Managing Just-In-Time (JIT) processes
- Resource management: Visualizing bottlenecks in production by Work In Progress (WIP) limits
Agile Release Planner
codeBeamer’s Release Planner enables your teams to assign work items to releases, move them quickly and conveniently between backlogs, sprints and releases, and to visualize and manage releases using a Gantt chart. It also allows you to assign work items to project members or teams. Rapid changes to issues can be made without leaving the planning board.
Through its advanced features, codeBeamer ALM’s Release Planner lets you:
- Assign work items to users and roles
- Change priority or business value of work items
- Move work items between backlogs, releases and sprints
- Manage work items across multiple projects and releases
- Visualize and manage releases, sprints and milestones using a Gantt chart
- Monitor processes with statistics, and visualize progress on a burndown chart
codeBeamer ALM offers several features as well as a dedicated Scrum template to facilitate the implementation of Scrum processes:
- Sprint planning: The efficient creation of product backlogs is supported by advanced collaborative requirements management features including re-use, change and version control, rating and approval workflows.
- Collaboration and communication are promoted through the use of wikis, commenting, configurable Kanban boards, permission control features, advanced workflows, triggered notifications and more. Team commitment may be monitored and managed by filtering tasks assigned to each team member, and workload statistics.
- Velocity: The user-friendly Release Planner provides a simple and efficient overview of the progress made with each project or release. A Gantt chart may be used to visualize parallel releases and sprints, and burndown charts provide an overview of the performance of each project or team.
- Sprint planning and management: The system handles story points to help estimate and keep track of the effort needed to cover each task. Sprints, releases and milestones are all managed in the Release Planner, and tasks may be filtered by sprints or releases.
- Daily stand-up meetings are facilitated by a combination of several of the above features, along with a Kanban board to track to-do and WIP (work in progress) tasks.
- QA & Testing: Parametrized, requirements-based test cases may be saved to libraries for later re-use, and executed manually or automatically (via codeBeamer’s Jenkins integration). Requirements-based testing, and test coverage analysis are all supported, resulting in faster, more accurate, and efficient quality assurance processes.
To get access to Intland’s Scrum template, simply start a free 30-day trial of codeBeamer ALM, and use the predefined Scrum Template when creating a new project.
If you’d like to know more about codeBeamer’s features regarding Scrum, please fill in the following form to download Intland’s Scrum Template brochure free of charge:
SAFe® and Scaled Agile Framework are registered trademarks of Scaled Agile Inc.