Telecom & High Tech Electronics
High tech manufacturers, mobile device vendors with embedded software are facing complex technical and managerial challenges, must produce variations in devices, different standards in different regions. They are producing products with long product cycle times, and must reach compliance standards on different geographical markets. For Android and other “embedded Linux” device developments the Git distributed version control is a must. codeBeamer support the most advanced DVCS (Distributed Version Control System), it is fully integrated into the development processes.
Telecom, High Tech, Embedded devices
The codeBeamer platform help Telecom, High Tech, Embedded device development teams to manage their processes from requirements to release. With centralized management of “V”, Waterfall, Hybrid or Agile processes, codeBeamer increases productivity, provides full traceability, gains visibility and dramatically reduces audit costs. Traceability and compliance information are automatically derived from the system for QA audits.
codeBeamer solution for Telecom, High Tech, Embedded device development
codeBeamer fuels your team with facilitating collaboration on requirement specification. The tightly integrated wiki, document manager and issue tracker allow domain experts, requirement engineers, software developers, QA engineers and project stakeholders to capture, draft and define requirements, as well as their relationships with releases or tests.
- Collaborative Requirement Composition codeBeamer keeps your whole team involved in the process, including domain experts, engineers, customers, and stakeholders. It also helps them to understand the impact of changes. For efficient team work, codeBeamer offers a rich set of enterprise collaboration features, like integrated wiki- and document workflows, realtime activity streams, notifications, alerts, voting and full text search on all types of documents and artifacts.
- Implement, Document and re-use Processes Requirement trackers, review- and change management workflows can be customized to support your own organization specific processes. Both standard and custom process templates can then be easily reused in new projects.
- Version & Release Managementis about maintaining and tracking different versions of your project deliverables, along with their planned and actual release schedule and the requirements, task, bugs, changes to be resolved in each different release. This is not only applicable to software development, but also to any type of project where some “milestones” need to be reached.
- Link Requirements and Derive Actionable Work Items Clearly specifying your requirements is only the beginning of the work. codeBeamer will also help you to connect actual feature requests, change requests, tasks, defects and test cases to the requirements captured. Both the requirements and the actionable work items can be organized into hierarchies in order to better model the problem domain.
- Baselines Using baselines you can make lightweight snapshots of the whole specification, including wiki pages, documents, images, attachments and all other types of artifacts. This is the primary means for versioning the states of the rapidly changing requirement specification, along its evolution. The baselines are optimal for comparing two states of documentation, computing deviation between two states, for audit purposes, and for certification for an approval.
- Document Management with ISO 9001:2008 compliancecodeBeamer satisfies requirements of the ISO 9001:2008 standard, from content management point of view. codeBeamer enables accurate versioning of content, periodic document reviews, approval workflows, complete trace of changes, full text searchibility and content consistency via baselining, among others.
- End-to-End Traceability Due to codeBeamer’s flexible data model and artifact linking capability, the whole lifecycle of your product can be precisely tracked from requirement capture phase, through development and test, until release.
- Configurable and Extendable codeBeamer is not a static platform. Intland intended to build flexibility into the product right from the beginning by offering configuration for workitem data types, workflows etc. in a graphical user interface to adapt to an organization’s need and not vice versa. Using its API (Application Programming Interface), codeBeamer can be easily extended beyond this configuration level, customized and integrated with your own applications, third party tools and services.
- Fine-grained Access Control codeBeamer provides enterprise grade security, based on user accounts, roles, groups and a granular system of permissions. It also integrates with your LDAP directories.
- 100% Web-based, Scalable, Extendable codeBeamer is 100% web-based. It easily scales to hundreds of users, making it possible to involve not your organization only, but to provide controlled access for your partners, vendors and customers, as well. Using its API (Application Programming Interface), codeBeamer can be easily extended, customized and integrated with your own applications, third party tools and services.
- Low Cost of Ownership codeBeamer is quick to adapt. Administrative and IT infrastructure costs are minimal.